Break bread, not tradition with our Carbon 6 8.5” Bread Knife. This isn’t just another utensil, it’s the knife in the block you can depend on to effortlessly cut crusty baked loaves into perfect slices. Our Bread Knife has razor-sharp, serrated teeth to conquer thick crusts and an ideal length for maintaining just the right amount of pressure for smooth, clean cuts. The 8.5” blade is made from high-carbon, German stainless steel that runs from the blade to the handle. As with all of our knives, the handle features our patented Schmidt Brothers Curve, ensuring a comfortable grip from start to finish. It’s exactly the kind of all-purpose knife every home chef needs to keep slicing through baguette, buns, rolls, ciabattas, and all your favorite doughy creations for years to come.
Carbon 6, 8.5” Bread Knife, High-Carbon German Stainless Steel Cutlery
- CUT LIKE A PRO: An old-world classic with a contemporary slant, this blade cuts bread with a minimum of pressure for uniform slices, all day
- HIGH CARBON: Each knife is constructed from 100% German stainless steel for remarkable strength, durability, edge retention, and exceptional balance.
GRIPABILITY MATTERS: The considered, ergonomic design of our patented Schmidt Brothers Curve is engineered for a comfortable grip, reduced slippage, and ease of use.
- STYLE AND SUBSTANCE: Our unpolished, flame-scorched handle is sculpted to fit your hand and provides a striking contrast to the polished finish of the blade.
- RELENTLESSLY DRIVEN: We’re the Schmidt Brothers and we’re on a mission to craft the finest stainless steel knives, BBQ gear, and cutlery you’ll ever use.
- Blade length: 8.5"
- Handle length: 5"
Use & Care
- Avoid cutting on surfaces such as stone, glass or metal, they’re too hard for the blade. Stick with a wood cutting board.
- Always use caution when handling a knife.
- If cutting through bone, do not use any knife but a meat cleaver, as other blades can be easily damaged.
Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Do not use a dishwasher to clean Schmidt Brother cutlery.
Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener particularly designed for your blade, or have it sharpened by a professional service.
Make sure to store your knife in a safe place to protect the blade and prevent injury.