Break bread, not tradition with our Bonded Ash 8.5” Bread Knife. This isn’t just another utensil, it’s the knife in the block you can depend on to cut expertly baked loaves into perfectly sliced bread. Our Bread Knife has razor-sharp, serrated teeth to conquer thick crusts and an ideal length for maintaining just the right amount of pressure for smooth, clean cuts. The 8.5” blade is made from high-carbon, German stainless steel that runs through the whole of the knife, full tang. For a secure and comfortable grip, every gorgeous bonded ash handle features our patented Schmidt Brothers Curve. It’s the specialized blade every home chef needs in their kitchen with a matching block designed to keep slicing through home-baked breads for years to come.
Bonded Ash, 8.5” Bread Knife
CUT LIKE A PRO: An old-world classic with a contemporary slant, this blade cuts bread with a minimum of pressure for uniform slices, all day.
HIGH CARBON: 100% German stainless steel construction runs full tang for remarkable strength, durability, edge retention, and exceptional balance.
GRIPABILITY MATTERS: The considered, ergonomic design of our patented Schmidt Brothers Curve is engineered for a comfortable grip, reduced slippage, and ease of use.
STYLE AND SUBSTANCE: Our bonded ash handle is sculpted to fit your hand and provides a striking contrast to the stainless steel blade.
- Blade length: 8.5"
- Handle length: 5"
Use & Care
- Avoid cutting on surfaces such as stone, glass or metal, they’re too hard for the blade. Stick with a wood cutting board.
- Always use caution when handling a knife.
- If cutting through bone, do not use any knife but a meat cleaver, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Do not use a dishwasher to clean Schmidt Brother cutlery.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener particularly designed for your blade, or have it sharpened by a professional service.
Make sure to store your knife in a safe place to protect the blade and prevent injury.
- Lifetime Warranty