It’s the little things that count in the kitchen. Little things like slicing, mincing and dicing. But sometimes it’s the big things, like cutting chicken or fish. So it helps to have a world-class knife that can do both. The Carbon 6 Santoku from Schmidt Brothers — made from a single piece of the finest 100% German Stainless Steel, it features a polished ultra-sharp blade contrasting against an unpolished scorched steel handle. It’s old-world crafted but with a modern design. It’s perfect for all the little things you need to do in the kitchen. And nearly everything else, too.
Carbon 6, 5” Santoku Knife
- CUT LIKE A PRO: Razor-sharp with a versatile, do-it-all attitude, our santoku blends old-world craftsmanship with contemporary design; Great for boneless meats, fish, and veggies.
- HIGH CARBON: The santoku is constructed from 100% German stainless steel for remarkable strength, durability, and edge retention; Hollow edge dimples reduce cutting friction.
- GRIPABILITY MATTERS: The considered, ergonomic design of our patented Schmidt Brothers Curve is engineered for a comfortable grip, reduced slippage, and ease of use.
- STYLE AND SUBSTANCE: Our unpolished, flame-scorched handle is sculpted to fit your hand and provides a striking contrast to the polished finish of the blade.
- Blade length: 5"
- Handle length: 5"
Use & Care
- Avoid cutting on surfaces such as stone, glass or metal, they’re too hard for the blade. Stick with a wood cutting board.
- Always use caution when handling a knife.
- If cutting through bone, do not use any knife but a meat cleaver, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Do not use a dishwasher to clean Schmidt Brother cutlery.
Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener particularly designed for your blade, or have it sharpened by a professional service.
Make sure to store your knife in a safe place to protect the blade and prevent injury.